Man Utd are in the lead to sign Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare ahead of Milan, according to transfer expect Vito Angele.
Soumare is one of the highest-rated talents in French football and is believed to be on the verge of a call-up to the France national team.
- ‘I told the manager to start me!’ – Arsenal loanee Willock continues brilliant Newcastle form
- Burak Yilmaz: The free transfer humiliating €300m PSG pair Neymar and Mbappe in Ligue 1 title race
- Bayern Munich outline Haaland stance ahead of summer transfer window
- ‘Arsenal need to spend £150m to get top-four Premier League finish’
- Official: Florian Thauvin signs pre-contract agreement with Tigres
He made his debut for Lille in the 2017/18 campaign, and has gone on to make 30 starts for the club in Ligue 1 in the seasons since, including seven in the 2020/21 campaign.
Milan have been searching for a powerful young midfielder and Soumare fits the identikit of the player technical director Paolo Maldini is searching for.
However, according to one of the best connected Milan transfer journalists, Man Utd are the favourites to sign the 21-year-old.
“He is an important player but I don’t think he will be coming to Serie A,” Angele exclusively told The Italian Football Podcast.
“Man Utd are working on him and they are the favourites to sign him right now.
Soumare in 2020/21:
|Duels Won P90||6.9|
|Aerial Duels Won P90||1.7|
“Lille are also asking a high price for him which is too much for Milan.”
Angele also revealed that Man Utd wish to bring Diogo Dalot back to the club when his one-year loan at San Siro expires at the end of the season.
“Dalot is playing very well, even against Juventus on Wednesday he was very good,” Angele added.
“Milan would like to keep him but Man Utd believes in Dalot and so we will have to wait and see what happens.”
The club is now in a position where it could be forced to sell some of their star players.