Liverpool on the verge of signing Alexander Isak for €150m

Cameron Smith
Cameron Smith
  • Updated: 29 Aug 2025 10:33 BST
  • 4 min read
Arne Slot, Alexander Isak, Liverpool, 2025/26
© IMAGO

Liverpool are reportedly “expected” to submit a €150 million bid for Newcastle United striker Alexander Isak this weekend as they look to finally wrap up a deal.

Article continues under the video

Arne Slot’s side have been chasing the Sweden international for several weeks and it’s believed that an agreement could be reached before Transfer Deadline Day on Monday.

Current ETV
Player image Alexander Isak
Alexander Isak

F (C)

Newcastle logo

Newcastle

Alexander Isak
Alexander Isak

F (C)

Newcastle

Newcastle

€117.1M

ETV Range

€105.4M - €128.8M

Isak informed Newcastle of his desire to leave the club in late July and he has been exiled from first-team training ever since. He is yet to feature for the Magpies this season and reports indicate that he will never play for Eddie Howe’s side again, even if his dream move to Liverpool fails to materialise.

However, a transfer is now expected to take place before the summer transfer window closes.

Newcastle have reached a full agreement to sign Stuttgart striker Nick Woltemade for an initial €75 million, while they are still chasing a deal for Brentford’s Yoane Wissa after being told by Wolverhampton Wanderers that Jorgen Strand Larsen isn’t for sale.

As a result, Liverpool are set to intensify their pursuit of Isak and The Telegraph state that a Premier League record bid worth €150m (£130m) is set to be lodged this weekend.

It’s reported that Newcastle currently value Isak at roughly €173m (£150m), however Liverpool are set to offer €150m, with add-ons and bonus payments increasing that figure further.

The Reds have already signed Eintracht Frankfurt striker Hugo Ekitike for €95m so far this summer, but they remain determined to bring Isak to Anfield, despite the Frenchman’s immense start to life at the club.

Liverpool are desperate to sign Alexander Isak
© IMAGO - Liverpool are desperate to sign Alexander Isak

What has been said about Alexander Isak?

When asked about Isak’s future during his pre-match press conference on Friday, Eddie Howe told reporters: “It's difficult to give any clarity on his future. I'm not dealing with it myself.”

Meanwhile, Slot was also asked about a potential move for Isak before Liverpool’s clash against Arsenal on Sunday.

“As always we try to sign players to help us but there are no reasons to think after two games we need more,” the Reds boss said. “We will always try to strengthen if it’s the right player at the right price. There are only a few days left, so let's see.”

Slot was then asked if Woltemade’s move to Newcastle would help his side land Isak. He replied: “Newcastle, if it’s true, and I have no reason to not believe what you are saying, are about to sign a new no.9.

“That’s very nice for Eddie as Anthony Gordon is suspended and [Alexander] Isak has not been training with the team, so it’s nice to have a new no.9.”

Football transfer news headlines today

Fabrizio Romano Transfer News: Garnacho DONE DEAL, Mainoo BOMB, Fermin to Chelsea TRUTH

Tottenham AGREE Xavi Simons transfer - Fabrizio Romano

DONE DEALS: Every official completed transfer around Europe today

The FootballTransfers app

Check out FootballTransfers' new app for all of football's big storylines, transfer rumours and exclusive news in one convenient place directly on your mobile device.

The FootballTransfers app is available on Google Play and in the Apple App Store. Download here:

Google Play

App Store

Never miss the next big transfer!

Get the latest transfer insights and analyses directly in your mailbox.