Bayern admit Chelsea transfer target could leave due to Covid-19

Niklas Sule
By Carlo Garganese

By Carlo Garganese

Updated 11:50 AM - February 21, 2021

Bayern Munich will sit down to discuss Niklas Sule’s future amid reports that Chelsea are about to launch a bid for the Germany international.

Sule’s contract with the Bundesliga giants expires next year and new Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel is an admirer of the stopper.

Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has admitted that Sule’s future at the club is uncertain but says they will sit down together to discuss the next step.

“We want the good German national team players at FC Bayern. Niklas still has one year of the contract,” Rummenigge told ZDF.

“We will hold talks and see where they’ll lead. We will look at the whole thing seriously and calmly by the summer.

“Corona [the Covid-19 pandemic] has also caused financial damage to FC Bayern.

“If we find a solution, we are happy to extend the contract, but that will only be possible under certain conditions.”

Sule joined Bayern in 2017 from Hoffenheim, billed as Germany’s next great defender.

He has not quite lived up to expectations so far but has still managed to win a plethora of major honours, including the Champions League and three Bundesliga titles.

The 25-year-old has also won 29 caps for Germany.

Share this Article:

Trending Stories

Latest News