Borussia Dortmund forward Giovanni Reyna has extended his contract with the club until 2025.
The 18-year-old, son of former United States international Claudio, arrived in Germany from New York City in the summer of 2019.
He has since gone on to make 22 Bundesliga appearances, scoring his first goal in the competition this season, with his impressive performances alerting clubs across Europe to his prodigious talent.
Reflecting on his extension, the American said: “BVB are a big club that can challenge for titles and are in all the important competitions. Young players in particular have the chance to develop here.
“I have already learned a lot in Dortmund and I want to learn a lot more in future. I look forward to being with BVB in the long term.”
- Guardiola: I want Messi to stay at Barcelona
- Frustrated Koeman take umbrage to Messi questions
- Giovanni Reyna signs new Borussia Dortmund contract
- Arteta ‘hurt’ by Ozil situation but leaves door open to Arsenal return
- Bruce slams Almiron’s ‘amateur’ agent: ‘He’s just looking to make a fast buck’
BVB’s sporting director Michael Zorc was also delighted to have secured the services of a player whose progress he described as ‘incredible’.
He added: “Gio’s development in recent months has been incredible. He will definitely be an important part of Borussia Dortmund’s sporting future.
“I am personally very pleased that he has decided to extend his contract with BVB in the long term with complete conviction.”