- 30 January
- 23K+ views
Sergio Ramos to PSG? Bernat hails Madrid legend
Ramos’ contract at the Santiago Bernabeu expires at the end of the season and he has so far failed to agree on a new deal.
The 34-year-old has been linked to a number of top European clubs, with PSG at the front of the queue for his services.
The Ligue 1 champions are reportedly prepared to offer Ramos a bumper three-year contract, although the latest news in Spain is that Madrid may have finally agreed themselves to give the defender the multi-year deal he craves in order to stay.
“He’s a leader, a great player, and he’s shown it throughout his career,” Bernat told AFP when asked about the possibility of his countryman joining him in Paris.
“He’s an incredible player with a lot of character, but I won’t say anything else. They’re just rumours.”
- Klopp rejects calls for him to replace Germany manager Low
- ‘It’s worrying’ – Giroud admits he is considering January exit from Chelsea
- Lionel Messi: Is he stuck at Barcelona?
- Lionel Messi: Manchester City ‘no longer interested’ in transfer
- Barcelona must sign a centre back – Garcia and the options to replace crocked Pique
PSG are in the market for an experienced centre back, having lost Thiago Silva on a Bosman this past summer. The Brazilian eventually ended up joining Chelsea.
Ramos has been at Madrid since 2005 and has since made over 650 appearances for the Blancos, winning a host of major honours, including five La Liga titles and four Champions Leagues.