Romano provides latest on Grealish's Man City future
The Belgium international joined Pep Guardiola’s side for €60 million on August 24 and he has made an immediate impact at the Etihad Stadium.
Doku, 21, has started eight of the past 10 Premier League matches, scoring two goals and providing four assists during that time, while he also has two goal contributions in the Champions League.
Grealish, on the other hand, was one of Guardiola’s favourites during their treble-winning campaign last year, but has lost his place in the starting XI following Doku’s arrival.
The England winger has only started three league games in 2023-24, however he remains focused on Man City and is still a key member of their squad, as per Fabrizio Romano.
What has Romano said?
The transfer expert told his CaughtOffside exclusive column: “Eight months is a long time in football and many things can change, but at this stage there’s absolutely nothing negative with regards to Jack Grealish’s situation at Man City.
“The club have him in their future plans and he’s focused on City.”
Grealish is yet to score in 14 appearances in all competitions this season, while he only has two assists.
Although Doku has enjoyed an electric start to life with Man City, Guardiola has stressed that Grealish is still seen as a key member of his first-team squad.
In November, the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich head coach admitted: “He’s one of the most beloved guys in the locker room. He's a strong guy and enjoys physical contact. He's so brave. It's his game.
“We are really pleased with him in the last games and his mentality in training sessions. First year and last year especially was decisive. Every year he gets better.
“He's down to earth and I love working with him. He's so sensible and close to his family. We love him so much.”
Grealish’s Man City contract runs until 2027 after he signed a six-year deal upon joining the club from Aston Villa two years ago.