-
News
- 6 minutes ago
Chelsea Transfer News Today: New Enzo Fernandez price as deal confirmed
FootballTransfers runs through the latest Chelsea transfer news, rumours and gossip, including updates on Enzo Fernandez and Benoit Badiashile.
New Enzo Fernandez price
Manchester City will likely have to pay more than €140 million to sign Enzo Fernandez during the final two weeks of the transfer window after missing Chelsea’s deadline of 17:00 BST on Friday 14 August.
Having missed this deadline, City will be required to submit an offer in excess of €140m or propose more favourable payment terms if they want to sign Fernandez before 1 September.
That is according to The Telegraph, who report that Chelsea could look to rekindle their interest in Alex Scott if they reach an agreement to sell Fernandez to Man City. However, the Blues currently expect Fernandez to remain at the club.
Benoit Badiashile deal confirmed
Benoit Badiashile’s loan move from Chelsea to Napoli has been completed, according to Italian transfer reporter Nicolo Schira.
The Frenchman will join Napoli on loan for €3m, with an option-to-buy clause for €27m next summer also included in the deal. If he joins permanently, Badiashile’s contract with the Serie A giants will run until 2031.
Morgan Gibbs-White verdict
Chelsea have been told that Morgan Gibbs-White is not for sale before Transfer Deadline Day after registering their interest in the Nottingham Forest attacker earlier this summer.
The Blues finalised the signing of Aston Villa superstar Morgan Rogers for a fee worth €138 million in July, but they were interested in Gibbs-White during the early stages of the summer window, as per The Daily Mail, and they could feasibly look to rekindle their interest in the 26-year-old if they sell Fernandez to Man City.
Gibbs-White changed his agent earlier this summer, with the Englishman now represented by ROOF, however Oliver Glasner has confirmed that a sale will not be permitted before the transfer window closes on 1 September.
“It was clear after selling Elliot Anderson that none of our starters will leave the club. That's a commitment from the ownership and no player has asked to leave the club,” he told reporters (via The Daily Mail).
“[Gibbs-White leaving] was never a topic. We didn't have to talk about it - it was a non-verbal agreement. We looked each other in the eye, because we want to be successful. If we want to strengthen the squad it makes no sense to sell starters.”
Marc Guiu to leave
Chelsea are expected to sell Marc Guiu on a permanent deal before the end of the summer window, as per Football.London.
The Spain striker has been absent for the entirety of pre-season and he is likely to depart before Deadline Day, with a permanent exit preferred to a loan deal.
It’s reported that clubs in the Premier League and across Europe are interested in Guiu, who is valued at just under €30m by Chelsea.
Pedro Neto asking price
Chelsea have set an asking price of nearly €117 million (£100m) for Pedro Neto amid interest from Al-Hilal and Manchester City.
The Portugal international started as a right wing-back during Chelsea’s final pre-season friendly against Real Sociedad on Saturday, with summer signing Marco Palestra on the opposite side, however his future at the club remains uncertain.
Neto has been omitted from the club’s list of ‘untouchable’ players and it’s understood that a sale will be considered if a suitable bid is lodged before the end of the summer window.
Man City have been linked with a possible move for several weeks, with Enzo Maresca keen to reunite with the 26-year-old amid rumours that Savinho is set to join Tottenham Hotspur, while Neto has reportedly already agreed personal terms with Saudi Pro League outfit Al-Hilal.
However, Chelsea aren’t willing to let him leave this close to the start of the new season unless they receive an offer in the region of €117m (£100m), according to BBC Sport, The Daily Mail and Football.London.
Trevoh Chalobah message
Trevoh Chalobah has confirmed that he will be rooting for Chelsea this season following his permanent move to Como earlier this month.
“I always wanted to play for Chelsea no matter what the circumstances were, I always believed that I could do it,” Chalobah told BBC Sport after Como’s 2-0 loss to Liverpool on Sunday.
“I'm grateful for every setback, every challenge, every trophy I've won. I've won a few things there and it's a club where I've improved and I've learned a lot.
“Stepping in as a young boy and then leaving as a man, I'm really happy with my career there. I will always keep the blue flag flying. I'll be supporting them, I'll be watching them this season and they'll always be in my heart.”
Related stories:
Fabrizio Romano transfer news: Rodri to Barcelona, Enzo deadline ignored, Cancelo deal
Transfer Rumours: Viktor Gyokeres interest as Arsenal talks confirmed