El Clasico records: Most goals, games, assists, wins, oldest & youngest scorers
Barcelona versus Real Madrid. It is arguably the biggest club match in world football, with a bitter rivalry dating back well over a century.
It is a game that has survived a brutal civil war and a fascist dictatorship, with two sets of fans from regions with little love for one another.
But it has also produced some of the greatest games and players we have ever seen; legends like Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Alfredo Di Stefano, Ferenc Puskas, Zinedine Zidane, Johan Cruyff and many more.
This page will detail some of the most noteworthy records from the history of El Clasico.
Who has scored the most goals in El Clasico?
Lionel Messi is the top scorer in the history of El Clasico, finding the net 26 times in the big fixture during a glittering career with Barcelona.
This included 18 goals in La Liga matches, six in the Supercopa and two in the Champions League.
Messi overtook Real Madrid hero Alfredo Di Stefano, who long held the record as the best scorer in the Clasico dating back to his heyday in the 1960s.
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona): 26 goals
- Alfredo Di Stefano (Real Madrid): 18 goals
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid): 18 goals
- Raul (Real Madrid): 15 goals
- Cesar (Barcelona): 14 goals
- Francisco Gento (Real Madrid): 14 goals
- Ferenc Puskas (Real Madrid): 14 goals
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid): 13 goals
- Santillana (Real Madrid): 12 goals
- Luis Suarez (Barcelona): 11 goals
- Hugo Sanchez (Real Madrid): 10 goals
- Juanito (Real Madrid): 10 goals
- Josip Samitier (Barca/Madrid): 10 goals
Di Stefano scored 18 Clasico goals, the same number as Cristiano Ronaldo did between 2009 and 2018 before his shock transfer from Real Madrid to Juventus.
Other legendary high scorers in the history of El Clasico include Raul Gonzalez, Paco Gento, Ferenc Puskas, Luis Suarez and Hugo Sanchez.
Karim Benzema is starting to move his way up the leaderboard in more recent times.
Cristiano Ronaldo holds the record for scoring in the most consecutive El Clasico matches. The Portuguese scored in six straight games between the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons.
Who has the most appearances in El Clasico?
Sergio Busquets holds the record for most appearances in the Clasico with 46 games played.
Sergio Ramos and Lionel Messi are joint-second for the most Clasicos played, 45.
Three Clasico legends are next in the appearance list, with Francisco Gento, Manuel Sanchis and Xavi all appearing in 42 of these fixtures, each.
Karim Benzema is on 41.
- Sergio Busquets (Barcelona): 46 games
- Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid): 45 games
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona): 45 games
- Francisco Gento (Real Madrid): 42 games
- Manuel Sanchis (Real Madrid): 42 games
- Xavi (Barcelona): 42 games
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid): 41 games
- Gerard Pique (Real Madrid): 40 games
- Andres Iniesta (Barcelona): 38 games
- Fernando Hierro (Real Madrid): 37 games
- Raul (Real Madrid): 37 games
- Iker Casillas (Real Madrid): 37 games
Who has the most assists in El Clasico?
Lionel Messi holds the record for the most assists of all time in El Clasico with 14.
Who has won the most El Clasico games?
Sergio Busquets has won the most games in the history of El Clasico, 22.
Who is the youngest ever scorer in El Clasico?
Alfonso Navarro is the youngest ever goalscorer in Clasico history. He was 17 years and 356 days when he found the net for Barcelona on 30 March, 1947.
Who is the oldest ever scorer in El Clasico?
Alfredo Di Stefano is the oldest ever goalscorer in Clasico history. He was 37 years and 164 days when he scored on 15 December 1963.
What is the biggest ever win in El Clasico?
The biggest margin of victory in El Clasico was Real Madrid 11-1 Barcelona on 19 June 1943 in the Copa del Rey.
Have Barcelona or Real Madrid won more Clasico matches?
As of October 2022, Real Madrid have won more official El Clasico matches than Barcelona…just.
In 252 official games between the two teams, Real Madrid have won 101 times, Barcelona 99 and there have been 52 draws.
What is the fastest ever goal in El Clasico?
The fastest goal in the history of El Clasico was after 21 seconds by Karim Benzema for Real Madrid on 10 December 2011.