Declan Rice transfer news: Moyes addresses Chelsea and Man Utd talk
West Ham boss David Moyes says he would not welcome any contact from Chelsea or Manchester United over Declan Rice.
England international Rice, a Chelsea youth product, has repeatedly been linked with the two Premier League sides.
Moyes, speaking after Rice played the full game as West Ham beat Burnley 1-0 on Saturday, insisted there had been no contact yet.
Referencing the Chelsea and United interest in the £70 million-rated midfielder, he added a warning that West Ham want to keep the England international.
Asked about the rumours, Moyes told Amazon: “They are not true.
“We have had no contact from either of those clubs regarding Declan and we wouldn’t want any anyway.”
Rice has become a leader
Rice, 22, has started all 18 of West Ham’s Premier League matches in 2020-21.
Moyes continued: “He is doing great for us, he is a big leader now, he has taken a lot of the weight off Mark Noble.
“He is turning out to be a really good player but also a really good boy and good around the club.”
READ MORE: Should Solskjaer prioritise Declan Rice?
West Ham have made ‘big’ offers
The win moved West Ham into ninth and Moyes is hoping to make some January signings.
West Ham have made significant offers but are yet to have the success he hoped for.
Moyes said: “There isn’t a big window of players available at this moment in time and Covid has had an impact on clubs and transfers.
“We’ve already made big enquiries and offers for players with clubs. They’ve obviously not been accepted otherwise I would have someone.
“It is not as if we’re not trying to do that, we have tried.
“I need to try and get players who I think would make a difference and I want it to be something which I think can help us.
“If I don’t I might need to look short term, just to get me through to give me another player but if not then I’ll use the young players or I’ll have to try and find us a centre-forward from someone else in the squad.”