Ronaldo was 'never considered' by Real Madrid this summer, insists Ancelotti
Cristiano Ronaldo has never been a target for Real Madrid this summer, according to Carlo Ancelotti.
The Portuguese superstar is allegedly unsettled at Juventus and had been linked with a move away, with Madrid, PSG, Manchester United, Sporting CP, and even Manchester City mentioned as possible destinations.
Despite now being 36 years of age, Ronaldo remains one of the most devastating strikers in world football.
Juventus may have surrendered Serie A to Inter and only just managed to qualify for the Champions League in 2020/21, but Ronaldo was still in-form at the top end of the pitch.
However, the Bianconeri would allegedly be happy to allow Ronaldo to leave as it would allow his exorbitant wages to come off the salary budget.
Ronaldo earns more than the majority of the rest of the Juventus squad combined.
Spanish television show El Chiringuito, in rather over-the-top fashion, announced on Monday that Ancelotti was interested in bringing Ronaldo back to Santiago Bernabeu.
However, the Italian has taken to Twitter to deny these rumours.
"Cristiano is a Real Madrid legend and he has all my love and respect. I have never considered signing him. We are looking forward," he posted.
Ronaldo's response to speculation
Ronaldo himself took to social media to alleviate any concerns that Juventus fans may have about his departure, and slammed the media for their constant speculation over his future.
“Anyone who knows me is aware of how focused I am on my work," said the former Manchester United star on an instagram post.
"Less talk and more action, this has been my guiding motto since the start of my career. However, in view of everything that’s been said and written recently, I have to set out my position.
“More than the disrespect for me as a man and as a player, the frivolous way that my future is covered in the media is disrespectful to all the clubs involved in these rumours, as well as to their players and staff.
“My story at Real Madrid has been written. It’s been recorded. In words and numbers, in trophies and titles, in records and in headlines. It’s in the Museum at the Bernabeu Stadium and it’s also in the minds of every fan of the club. And beyond what I achieved, I remember that in those nine years I had a relationship of deep affection and respect for “merengue afición”, an affection and respect that I retain to this day, and that I will always cherish. I know that the true Real Madrid fans will continue to have me in their hearts, and I will have them in mine.
“As well as this most recent episode in Spain, there have been frequent news and stories associating me with a number of clubs in many different leagues, with nobody ever being concerned about trying to find out the actual truth.
“I’m breaking my silence now to say that I can’t allow people to keep playing around with my name. I remain focused on my career and in my work, committed and prepared for all the challenges that I have to face. Everything else? Everything else is just talk.”