Mesut Ozil’s brother has dropped a massive hint on Instagram that the Arsenal outcast is set to leave the club and join Fenerbahce this month.
Ozil has not played for The Gunners for 10 months and was not even named in Mikel Arteta’s squads for the Premier League and Europe this season.
The 32-year-old was expected to nevertheless see out his Arsenal contract which expires at the end of the current campaign.
In recent days, however, there have been reports from well-respected sources that Ozil was on the verge of a transfer to Fenerbahce.
- ‘This is the Moise Kean of Juventus’ – Everton ace back to himself at PSG
- Timo Werner: Chelsea’s answer to Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe?
- O’Shea: Ferdinand a better signing than Ronaldo
- Neymar’s incredible revelation: I’ve thought about quitting football
- Barcelona transfer news: Why Laurato Martinez deal is further away than ever
And Ozil’s brother, Mutlu, has now further fuelled the rumours that a transfer is imminent.
Mutlu took to Instagram to post the badge of Fenerbahce on his Instagram Stories. The post was accompanied by a winking emoji.
Arteta said on Thursday that Ozil was free to leave the club if it suited both the player and the club.
“If something is sorted this month, it’s because it’s good for both parties,” the Spaniard explained.
“Good for Mesut and his future, and good for the club. If that’s the case, we will move forward. If that’s not the case, the player will continue here.” Ozil joined Arsenal from Real Madrid in 2013 and has since made 254 appearances, scoring 44 goals in all competitions.